First, I will teach you how to add. First thing you have to do is see if they are positive or negative numbers. If you have two negatives, it is a negative. If you have two positives, it is a positive. If you have one of each, the answer will be the sign that the greatest number has. You probably know how to add two positives, so we will start with negatives. Say you have -5+-2. I pretend the negative signs are not there and just add. 5+2=7. Then, I add on the negative sign to the answer and that is how too add two negatives. 7=-7. here is how you do one of each. There really is not a rule except that whatever sign th greater number has, the answer has. say you have 4+-6. -6 is greater, so you know the answer is negative. you add on 4 to -6 and you get -2.
Now subtraction is tricky, so pay attention. Say you have 4--2. I like to use the two pencil mark rule which is when you change subtraction to addition and the second number to its opposite. the new problem would be 4+2. you already know how to add, so you just add and get the answer. 4+2=6.
Lastly, I am going to teach multiplication and division because they have the same rules. If you have two positives, it is positive. If there are two negatives, it is positive. If you have one of each, it is a negative. You basically multiply or divide like a normal problem and add that positive or negative sign to the answer. Here are some examples. -4x6= -24.
42 divided by -6= -8.
that is how you do all the operations on integers.
2 comments:
Great job! You explanations and definition are clear and accurate - well done :)
大師手筆﹐果然不凡............................................................
Post a Comment